Tokyo Big Sight
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan
|⏰ Opening Hours
8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
|💸 Entrance Fee
Find it on google maps
What is Tokyo Big Sight?
Tokyo Big Sight, officially known as Tokyo International Exhibition Center, is a distinctive landmark located in Odaiba, a popular waterfront area in Tokyo Bay. Its most recognizable feature is the Conference Tower, which resembles four inverted pyramids mounted on large supports, giving it a futuristic appearance. As Japan's largest convention and exhibition center, it serves as a hub for international conferences, trade shows, and various events showcasing the latest in technology, art, and fashion.
Our Most Popular Tour:
- Chiang Mai Best of Lampang Tour
Our Best of Lampang Tour lets you escape busy tourist areas and explore Lampang, a less visited town south of Chiang Mai. This full day tour allows you to exper...
The complex comprises several exhibition halls, including the East and West Exhibition Halls, as well as the Atrium and Rooftop Exhibition Areas. With its massive footprint, Tokyo Big Sight can host multiple events simultaneously, drawing in visitors from across the globe. I always tell visitors that if they're interested in catching a glimpse of cutting-edge innovations or experiencing international culture, this is a place where those worlds converge spectacularly.
History of Tokyo Big Sight
Opened in April 1996, Tokyo Big Sight was conceived as part of a larger developmental plan to rejuvenate the waterfront areas and to solidify Tokyo's position as a global economic powerhouse. Its construction was a monumental undertaking that reflected Japan's economic optimism in the early 1990s. Since then, Tokyo Big Sight has played an integral role not just in Tokyo's, but in Japan's international business and cultural activities.
Over the years, Tokyo Big Sight has expanded its facilities to accommodate the growing demand for event space. Notably, it rose to even greater prominence internationally when it became one of the venues for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games, hosting events like fencing, taekwondo, and wrestling. The facility has aged like fine wine, becoming more integral to the cityscape and the community with each passing year.
Why is Tokyo Big Sight Important?
Tokyo Big Sight isn't just another convention center; it's the linchpin of Japan's trade event infrastructure. It's where the world meets Japan, and where Japan's industries both large and small, traditional and innovative, display their newest offerings to a global audience. The events held here propel the international dialogue in business, art, technology, and design.
It's not just about being a venue; Tokyo Big Sight is where trends are set and forecasted, where business deals happen on an international scale, and where cultural exchange is fostered. From tech enthusiasts to anime fans, from entrepreneurs to artists, people of all interests find this place of colossal importance, as it offers opportunities to engage with others who share their passions and to tap into the pulse of varying industries.
Our Top Trending Malaysia Tours:
Kuala Lumpur Fairy Firefly And Monkey Hill Tour
Kuala Lumpur Elephant Sanctuary and Batik Painting Tour
Kuala Lumpur Instagram Tour: Most Famous Spots
Things to Do & See at Tokyo Big Sight
- Attend Major Events: Tokyo Big Sight hosts some of the most significant industry events, such as the Tokyo Motor Show, Comiket (Comic Market), and the Tokyo Gift Show. Check the event calendar to see what piques your interest!
- Explore the Architecture: The building itself is a sight to behold. Take a moment to appreciate the iconic Conference Tower and the spacious, well-engineered exhibition halls.
- Enjoy the Waterfront: The surrounding Odaiba area is a recreational haven with shopping centers, restaurants, and beautiful views of the Rainbow Bridge, especially enchanting at night.
- Take Pictures: With its unconventional architecture, Tokyo Big Sight is popular for photography. It's especially picturesque during sunset or when lit up for special events.
- Relax at the Parks: Nearby green spaces like Yume-no-Ohashi Bridge Park provide a serene setting to relax after an event-filled day.
- Savor Local Eats: The food court and nearby dining options offer delicious fare, ranging from quick bites to gourmet meals reflecting Tokyo's eclectic culinary scene.
- Attend Seasonal Activities: Seasonally, there are various open-air markets and festivals. In winter, the venue often hosts stunning illumination events, adding a festive touch to your visit.