Chicago might be referred to as the 'Second City', but boy, its architecture is first class and world-famous!
Some of the most inventive architects and creative artists at work throughout the 19th and 20th centuries called Chicago home, and as a result the city is home to some of the most beautiful, original, and memorable buildings you’ll ever encounter in your travels! In fact, Chicago is even the birthplace of the modern skyscraper called 'the Home Insurance Building' and it was the world's first significant structure to use steel in its frame!
On this tour your guide will take you on a walk around Chicago’s historic Loop District where you will get to see some of the oldest skyscrapers in the world and we'll take you inside some of the city’s most influential and iconic buildings. Your guide will share the history of Chicago and explain the multiple architectural influences that helped shape the city's incredible skyline!
So whether you're an architecture novice or a serious architecture buff, we guarantee you will leave this tour as an expert on Chicago's architectural history! ;)
The day will begin with you meeting with your friendly local guide at The Fine Arts Building. From there, your tour will begin as you start your walk through Chicago, exploring the most famous and beautiful buildings in the city such as:
- Marquette Building
- The Rookery
- The Palmer House
- The Sullivan Center
- The Chicago Athletic Association
- Wrigley Building/Tribune Tower
- The Chicago Cultural Center
This 3 hour tour will be fully packed with famous landmarks and vintage architecture. So whether you’re visiting Chicago for the first time or you're a lifelong Chicagoan looking to see a little more of your home city, we guarantee you'll have the best time exploring this wonderful city! Your guide will even act as your personal photographer for the day and help you to get some great snaps!
For an unforgettable experience of Chicago, book your tour with us today. We can’t wait to show you around one of our favorite places!
- Visit all of the best landmarks and get amazing photos at each one. Don’t worry, our guides are great at getting those angles!
- Have your own private tour guide for the day who will be keen to share their local knowledge with you.
- This trip is all-inclusive so no need to worry about spending additional money on lunch, entrance fees etc. - we’ve got you covered!
10:00 AMMeet your guide at The Fine Arts Building
10:15 AMVisit the Marquette Building
10:30 AMVisit The Rookery
11:00 AMVisit The Palmer House
11:15 AMVisit The Sullivan Center
11:30 AMLunch time!
12:00 PMVisit The Chicago Athletic Association hotel
12:15 PMVisit The Chicago Cultural Center
12:30 PMVisit the Wrigley Building and the Tribune Tower
1:00 PMEnd tour around the Wrigley Building
- Local English speaking tour guide
- All entrance fees
What to Bring
- Suntan lotion
- Comfortable shoes
- Times and attractions usually can be customized to fit your request (just let us know)
- Times above are subject to change due to local conditions
- Entry to buildings not guaranteed and dependent on date on tour/owner restrictions
$179 $159 per adult
Got a Question?
+1 617 229 7271+1 617 404 2125
Why Book with Us?
Money back guarantee
48 hour “no hassle” cancellation policy
24/7 customer support
See what our customers are saying on TripAdvisor
5 total reviews