Popular Tower In Chicago
Popular Tower In Chicago
435 Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
|⏰ Opening Hours||
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
|💸 Entrance Fee||
Find it on google maps
What is Tribune Tower?
Tribune Tower is an iconic landmark located in downtown Chicago, Illinois. This historic building stands tall and proud, offering breathtaking views of the city's skyline. Situated on North Michigan Avenue, it is an architectural masterpiece that combines Gothic Revival and French Renaissance styles.
History of Tribune Tower
Tribune Tower has a rich history that dates back to 1922 when it was completed. The tower was built to house the headquarters of the Chicago Tribune newspaper, and it quickly became a symbol of journalistic excellence. The renowned architects John Mead Howells and Raymond Hood designed the tower, incorporating fragments of famous buildings from around the world into its façade. These fragments, known as "stones of history," were contributed by notable figures and landmarks, including the Parthenon, the Great Wall of China, and the Taj Mahal.
When planning your tours in Chicago don't forget to visit Tribune Tower.
Visit Tribune Tower on Our:
- Chicago Instagram Walking Tour
Without doubt, Chicago is one of the best cities in the world to explore on foot. Whatever the time of year, you’re sure to enjoy our Chicago Walking Instagram Tour that will take you to all of the most Instagrammable spots in the city, all in one day. Get that step count up and experien
Why is Tribune Tower Important?
Tribune Tower holds great importance for Chicago and the journalism industry. It serves as a reminder of the city's rich architectural heritage and contributes to its distinctive skyline. The tower stands as a testament to the significance of journalism, highlighting the role of the Chicago Tribune in shaping public opinion and providing reliable news to the community.
Things to Do & See at Tribune Tower
Visitors to Tribune Tower can enjoy a variety of activities and attractions. Some highlights include:
- The Architecture Tour: Explore the magnificent building with an architecture tour that takes you through its history, design, and unique features.
- The Tribune Tower Gallery: Discover the fascinating collection of "stones of history" embedded in the tower's exterior, each representing a significant location or historical site from around the world.
- The Tribune Tower Museum: Immerse yourself in the rich history of the Chicago Tribune and the role it played in shaping the city's media landscape.
- The Observation Deck: Ascend to the top of Tribune Tower and marvel at the panoramic views of downtown Chicago, Lake Michigan, and the surrounding areas.
Additionally, Tribune Tower is conveniently located near other popular attractions in the city, such as the Magnificent Mile shopping district and Millennium Park. Visitors can easily explore the vibrant streets of Chicago and indulge in its diverse culinary scene.
Our Top Trending Chicago Tours:
Chicago Instagram Walking Tour
Chicago Foodie Tour: Windy City Favs
Chicago Loop Architecture Private Walking Tour
Plan Your Visit to Tribune Tower
Whether you are a history enthusiast, architecture lover, or simply seeking stunning vistas, Tribune Tower is a must-visit destination. Take in the grandeur of this remarkable landmark, learn about its significance, and experience the vibrant energy of Chicago's bustling downtown.
Frequently asked questions
- What is the Tribune Tower, and where is it located?
The Tribune Tower is a historic skyscraper located at 435 North Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago. It has a prominent location along the Magnificent Mile.
- Who built the Tribune Tower, and when was it constructed?
The Tribune Tower was built to house the Chicago Tribune newspaper. It was constructed between 1923 and 1925 and was designed by architects John Mead Howells and Raymond Hood.
- What makes the Tribune Tower unique and iconic?
The Tribune Tower is renowned for its striking neo-Gothic architecture. What sets it apart is the incorporation of rocks and bricks from famous landmarks worldwide into its exterior. These stones were collected by Tribune correspondents and embedded in the building's walls.
- Is the Tribune Tower open to the public?
While the interior of the Tribune Tower is primarily office space, visitors can appreciate its architecture from the outside. Additionally, there are often events or exhibitions related to its history.
- What are some nearby attractions and points of interest around the Tribune Tower?
The Tribune Tower is centrally located in downtown Chicago and is near many popular attractions, including the Wrigley Building, the Magnificent Mile shopping district, and the Chicago Riverwalk.