- Learn about turtle conservation and glide through the Sri Lankan mangroves on an authentic boat
- Have your own private tour guide and driver for the day who will be keen to share their local knowledge with you.
- This trip is all-inclusive so no need to worry about spending additional money on entrance fees etc. - we’ve got you covered!
Mystical Mangroves Of Madu Ganga: Boat Ride & Turtle Conservation
- 5 hours
- Private Tour
Our half day 'Mystical Mangroves Of Madu Ganga: Boat Ride & Turtle Conservation Tour' is perfect for people who are looking to discover the natural beauty of Sri Lanka and learn a thing to two about turtle conservation! Families with kids will absolutely LOVE this little trip!
Your half day tour will start with a private pick up directly from your hotel by one of our amazing local guides, who will also be your driver for they day! They will whisk you away on a comfortable private ride to Madu Ganga where you'll hop on a boat and begin your journey through the breathtaking mangroves. You’ll witness the incredible diversity of flora and fauna as you explore the winding waterways and you will learn fascinating facts about the local wildlife, including rare species of birds, reptiles, and fish that call this stunning ecosystem home.
As you glide through the mangroves, you’ll stop at a Buddhist Monastery where you can immerse yourself in the spiritual ambiance and take in the peaceful surroundings. Next, we'll take you to see the traditional Kraal fishing method and witness how Ceylon Cinnamon is peeled. But that's not all, we'll also take you to a fish spa where you can enjoy some 'fish therapy' as the playful fish nibble on your feet!
After your boat ride, we’ll head over to the Sea Turtle Conservation Project, where you’ll get up close and personal with these majestic creatures. You’ll learn all about the important conservation work being done to protect these incredible animals from extinction. The local team will walk you through the different stages of the turtle’s life cycle, from hatchling to adult. You’ll even have the opportunity to see the turtles up close and learn about their daily routines.
The highlights of this tour include:
- Exciting boat safari through the mangroves
- Visit to the old Buddhist Temple
- Enjoy a fish spa
- Learn about turtle conservation
Join us on this adventure down the Madu River, where you'll be able to take in the unique biodiversity of the area, learn about local culture and create memories that will last a lifetime! Book your tour today, we can't wait to show you around in Sri Lanka!
8:00 AMPick up at your hotel (exact time may vary depending on your location)
9:00 AMExplore the Madu Gangga mangroves by boat
11:00 AMEnjoy a food fish spa
11:30 AMVisit the turtle conservation center
1:00 PMArrive back at your hotel (exact time may vary depending on your location)
- Private round-trip transportation from your hotel
- English speaking driver and tour guide
- Private car with A/C
- All entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Suntan lotion
- Comfortable shoes
- Times and attractions usually can be customized to fit your request (just let us know)
- Times above are subject to change due to local conditions
- Pick up area for guests should be in the Galle area
- We can usually cater to vegan and vegetarian dietary preferences. Please let us know in advance so we can arrange suitable meal options for you.
$99 $89 per adult
Based on 89 reviews
Got a Question?
+1 617 229 7271+1 617 404 2125
Why Book with Us?
Money back guarantee
48 hour “no hassle” cancellation policy
24/7 customer support
Vacation more, get inspired
Expertly curated emails packed full of vacation inspiration, travel tips and more!
Expertly curated Emails for travel inspiration, vacation tips and hacks and much more! Subscribe and upgrade your traveler skills with Forevervacation.