- Visit all of the best landmarks and get amazing photos at each one. Don’t worry, our guides are great at getting those angles!
- Have your own private tour guide and driver for the day who will be keen to share their local knowledge with you.
- This trip is all-inclusive so no need to worry about spending additional money on lunch, entrance fees etc. - we’ve got you covered!
Get ready for a day filled with adventure, culture and stunning scenery on our Koggala lake and temple tour!
Your day will begin with a private pick-up right from your hotel by one of our friendly local guides who will also be your driver for the day!
Your first stop will be at the beautiful Japanese Peace Pagoda. This magnificent structure is a symbol of peace and harmony and offers stunning panoramic views of the surrounding landscape. You'll have the opportunity to learn about its rich history and significance to the local community.
Next, it's time to get on board for a boat ride at the largest natural lake in Sri Lanka: the enchanting Koggala Lake. During your boat ride, you'll get to enjoy the unique scenery and wildlife that surrounds the lake, including colorful birds, playful monkeys and sometimes even crocodiles!
After working up an appetite, it's time to refuel with a delicious lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch, you'll visit two incredible temples: The Weherahena Poorwarama Temple, a hidden gem that's a must-visit for anyone who loves art and architecture. The temple is decorated with intricate paintings and statues that tell fascinating stories about Sri Lankan culture and history. Secondly, we'll take you to the Wewurukannala Raja Maha Viharaya temple, where you’ll be able to see the world's tallest standing Buddha statue that's over 160ft high!
As the tour comes to an end, we'll drop you back off at your hotel with unforgettable memories and experiences that will last a lifetime.
The highlights of this tour include:
- A visit to the Japanese Peace Pagoda
- Visit two hidden temples of which one has the world's tallest standing Buddha statue
- Take a boat ride on the largest natural lake in Sri Lanka
Book now to embark on this exciting adventure with us! We can't wait to show you around Sri Lanka!
8:30 AMPick up at your hotel (Galle/Mirissa area)
9:00 AMVisit the Japanese peace pagoda
10:30 AMExplore Kogalla lake and take a boat ride
1:00 PMLunch time!
3:00 PMVisit Weherahena Poorwarama Temple
4:00 PMVisit Wewurukannala Raja Maha Viharaya temple
5:00 PMDepart back to hotel
6:00 PMArrive back at your hotel (exact time may vary depending on your location)
- Private round-trip transportation from your hotel
- English speaking driver and tour guide
- Private car with A/C
- All entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Suntan lotion
- Comfortable shoes
- Times and attractions usually can be customized to fit your request (just let us know)
- Times above are subject to change due to local conditions
- Guests must stay in the Galle/Mirissa area for included up
- We can usually cater to vegan and vegetarian dietary preferences. Please let us know in advance so we can arrange suitable meal options for you.
US$129 US$109 per adult
Got a Question?
+1 617 229 7271+1 617 404 2125
Why Book with Us?
Money back guarantee
48 hour “no hassle” cancellation policy
24/7 customer support
Vacation more, get inspired
Expertly curated emails packed full of vacation inspiration, travel tips and more!
Expertly curated Emails for travel inspiration, vacation tips and hacks and much more! Subscribe and upgrade your traveler skills with Forevervacation.