- Go on a hiking adventure and see two UNESCO world heritage sites
- Have your own private tour guide and driver for the day who will be keen to share their local knowledge with you.
- This trip is all-inclusive so no need to worry about spending additional money on lunch, entrance fees etc. - we’ve got you covered!
Our 'Sigiriya Rock Fortress Instagram Tour' is designed for adventure seekers who love to hike and want to experience some of the most beautiful and historic sites in Sri Lanka!
Your day begins with an early pick up directly from your hotel by one of our amazing local guides who will drive you to the famous Sigiriya Rock (also known as Lion Rock). This ancient fortress is an UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the most popular attractions in Sri Lanka so a visit to this beautiful country wouldn't be complete without this! Once you've arrived, your first hiking adventure of the day can start! The hike up to the top of the rock is a bit strenuous, but the breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside make it all worthwhile! Along the way, you will also see the beautiful frescoes and ancient ruins that are scattered around the rock.
After a morning of hiking, we'll take a break for lunch and enjoy some delicious local cuisine. Once you're fueled up, we'll head to Pidurangala Rock for the second hike of the day! Pidurangala is a lesser-known hiking spot, but by no means less impressive! On the contrary! We'll trek to the summit of this massive rock formation, which offers incredible views of Sigiriya Rock.
During the second part of the day, we'll slow down the pace as we can imagine that even the most experienced hikers can get tired after 2 hikes! That's why we will take you for a well deserved drink at a secret location with stunning views! After this, we will end the tour at the Dambulla Royal Cave Temple, which is another UNESCO World Heritage site. This ancient temple complex dates back to the 1st century BC and features five stunning caves that are filled with beautiful Buddhist art and sculptures.
Throughout the tour, our knowledgeable guide will provide fascinating insights into the history and culture of Sri Lanka. We'll also have plenty of opportunities to interact with locals and learn more about their way of life.
The highlights of this tour include:
- Sigiriya Rock (Lion Rock) hike
- Pidurangala Rock hike
- Recharge with a drink at a secret location that offers stunning views
- Dambulla Royal Cave Temple
This amazing adventure is a once in a lifetime experience and the rewards make it so worth the effort!
For a fun, stress-free, personal and authentic experience exploring one of Sri Lanka's finest wonders, book this tour with us today. We can’t wait to take you!
7:00 AMPick up at your hotel (exact time may vary depending on your location)
10:00 AMHike up Sirigiya Fortress
12:00 PMLunch time!
1:00 PMDepart to Pidurangala Rock
1:15 PMHike up Pidurangala Rock for some amazing views and photos
3:15 PMDepart to a secret instagrammable location
4:00 PMCoffee with a view at a secret location
5:00 PMArrive at Dambulla Royal Cave Temple
6:00 PMDepart and return back to your hotel
8:00 PMArrive back at your hotel (exact time may vary depending on your location
- Private round-trip transportation from your hotel
- English speaking driver and tour guide
- Private car with A/C
- All entrance fees and hikes
- Bottled water
- Drink at secret location
- Suntan lotion
- Comfortable hiking shoes
- Times and attractions usually can be customized to fit your request (just let us know)
- Times above are subject to change due to local conditions
- These activities are not recommended for pregnant women, those with heart issues, back problems, or other conditions that may preclude them from safely participating in these activities
- Pick up area must be in Kandy or Sigiriya. If outside of these areas, please contact us as there may be an additional fee
- We can usually cater to vegan and vegetarian dietary preferences. Please let us know in advance so we can arrange suitable meal options for you.
US$169 US$139 per adult
Got a Question?
+1 617 229 7271+1 617 404 2125
Why Book with Us?
Money back guarantee
48 hour “no hassle” cancellation policy
24/7 customer support
Vacation more, get inspired
Expertly curated emails packed full of vacation inspiration, travel tips and more!
Expertly curated Emails for travel inspiration, vacation tips and hacks and much more! Subscribe and upgrade your traveler skills with Forevervacation.