Escape from the city and take a short journey to the unseen village of Chiang Mai at Doi Saket district. Enjoy the beautiful scenery of the countryside while also learning about the locals and their long standing traditions.
Ban Luang Nua village is one of the ancient settlements of the Tai Lue ethnic people where their ancestors migrated from the south of China 600+ years ago. Today, the village is a mix of modern beauty blended with ancient tradition.
This private, half day Chiang Mai tour is designed for travelers who are looking for a mix of culture and nature.
On this tour you will:
- Learn about the 600+ year old Tai Lue history of Ban Luang Nua village
- See a traditional handmade weaving and visit an old Tai Lue house in Ban Luang Nua village
- Ride a local farm truck to a hidden organic farm. Learn how to cut bamboo shoots, collect some duck eggs and relax at the farm's cafe by the rice field
- Visit the hilltop of Wat Phra That Doi Saket Temple where you will visit the big Buddha and enjoy a beautiful panoramic view of the countryside
Experience the real culture of this amazing village while taking in some of its most beautiful spots. Your guide will even act as your personal photographer during the tour and help you to get some great insta-worthy snaps!
For an unforgettable experience of the Chiang Mai countryside, book your tour with us today. We can’t wait to show you around!
- Visit the Tai Lue Village of Ban Luang Nua to learn it's history, culture and art
- Visit all of the best landmarks and get amazing photos at each one. Don’t worry, our guides are great at getting those angles!
- Have your own private tour guide and driver for the day who will be keen to share their local knowledge with you.
- This trip is all-inclusive so no need to worry about spending additional money on lunch, entrance fees etc. - we’ve got you covered!
8:30 AMPick up at your hotel (exact time may vary depending on your location) and drive 30 minutes to Ban Luang Nua village
9:00 AMArrive at a family-owned community learning center where you will learn the history of the Tai Lue people, ancient local houses and traditional weaving
9:45 AMHop on a local farm truck to a hidden organic farm. See beautiful rice fields, cut bamboo shoots and collect duck eggs. You will also learn how to catch fish in a local traditional way
11:00 AMRide back in the farm truck to the village and freshen up in a local cafe with air-condition. Enjoy coffee or a famous Thai milk tea
11:30 AMSay goodbye to the villagers and drive to Doi Saket District to visit the old style fresh market at the foothill of the Doi Saket mountain
12:00 PMContinue the drive up a small hill to Wat Phra That Doi Saket Temple. See the big Buddha and enjoy the beautiful panorama view. Then stop for some quick photos at the golden stupa before driving back to Chiang Mai town
1:30 PMArrive back at your hotel (exact time may vary depending on your location)
- Private round-trip transportation from your hotel
- English speaking driver and tour guide
- Private car with A/C
- All entrance fees
- 1 coffee or hot/cold drink
- All activities mentioned
- Bottled water
What to Bring
- Suntan lotion
- Comfortable shoes
- Your smile
- Times and attractions usually can be customized to fit your request (just let us know)
- Times above are subject to change due to local conditions
$105 $89 per adult
Got a Question?
+1 617 229 7271+1 617 404 2125
Why Book with Us?
Money back guarantee
48 hour “no hassle” cancellation policy
24/7 customer support
See what our customers are saying on TripAdvisor
12 total reviews