Lampang is a minor tourist town in the south of Chiang Mai that still retains its retro atmosphere. In our private Lampang day tour, you will visit a local 100 year old market where it's still untouched from mass tourism. After we will visit some ancient temples and get a glimpse of local history and its unique art.
Take some great photos at the old white bridge as well as at the retro Kong Ta road. This old commercial area by the Wang riverside is full of many old fashion buildings as well as famous Lampang street art. Grab some local snacks and enjoy lunch at a delicious local restaurant.
Complete your Lampang trip with a visit to its famous landmark, Wat Phathat Lampang Luang. Here you will be able to see the pagoda’s shadow upside down.
On this tour you will:
- Experience some amazing spots such as the 100 years old market, iron train bridge and the retro Kong Ta road.
- Enjoy exploring and taking photos of the Lampang street art
- Visit ancient temples including the province symbol, Wat Phra That Lampang Luang
- Enjoy a coffee or drink at a cool local cafe
- Taste some traditional snacks and interact with locals
- Visit the ceramic village
Experience the real charm of Lampang, while taking in some of its most beautiful spots. Your guide will even act as your personal photographer during the tour and help you to get some great insta-worthy snaps!
For an unforgettable experience of Lampang, book your tour with us today. We can’t wait to show you around!
- Visit the best landmarks and get amazing photos at each one. Don’t worry, our guides are great at getting those angles!
- Have your own private tour guide and driver for the day who will be keen to share their local knowledge with you.
- This trip is all-inclusive so no need to worry about spending additional money on lunch, entrance fees etc. - we’ve got you covered!
8:00 AMPick up at your hotel (exact time may vary depending on your location) and drive approximately one hour through the countryside and mountains to Lampang
9:30 AMArrive at the 100 years old market called the "Talad Kao Chao" market near the train track. Get the chance to taste local snacks and see a lot of local smiles around you. After the market we will walk to the nearby iron train bridge to take some nice photos
10:30 AMWalk around the retro Kong Ta road to see some historical old style buildings and then we will explore the famous Lampang Street Art and take photos at the symbolic white bridge
11:30 AMDrive outside of town to see Wat Chedi Sao temple where 20 Burmese style stupas are lined up
1:00 PMHead back to town for lunch at a local hipster cafe
2:30 PMVisit the ceramic village at Baan Sala Meng
3:30 PMEnd your time in Lampang by visiting the province landmark, Wat Pha That Lampang Luang. This is the home of an ancient stupa and where you can see the pagoda’s shadow upside down. If you would prefer a less touristy place, we can take you to the temple Wat Lai Hin. This is the oldest temple present and decorated with a beautiful stucco pattern
4:00 PMDrive back to Chiang Mai
5:00 PMArrive back at your hotel (exact time may vary depending on your location)
- Private round-trip transportation from your hotel
- English speaking driver and tour guide
- Private car with A/C
- All entrance fees
- Bottled water
- 1 Coffee
What to Bring
- Suntan lotion
- Comfortable shoes
- Your smile
- Temple dress or extra item to cover knees and shoulders
- Times and attractions usually can be customized to fit your request (just let us know)
- Times above are subject to change due to local conditions
- Please alway ask permission before taking photo of locals
$109 $99 Per Adult
Got a Question?
+1 617 229 7271+1 617 404 2125
Why Book with Us?
Money back guarantee
48 hour “no hassle” cancellation policy
24/7 customer support
See what our customers are saying on TripAdvisor
12 total reviews