Volcano in Bali
Bangli Regency, Bali, Indonesia
What is Mount Batur?
Mount Batur is an active volcano located in Kintamani Regency, Bali, Indonesia. It is the highest mountain on the island of Bali, with an elevation of 1,717 meters (5,633 feet) above sea level. Mount Batur is part of the Gunung Batur caldera complex, which also includes Mount Abang and Mount Batukaru.
Visit Mount Batur on Our:
Mount Batur Sunrise Hike & Hot Spring Tour
If hiking is your thing, or even if it's not, this Mount Batur Sunrise and Hot Spring Tour is a must. It gets you off the beaten track and allows you to experience parts of Bali not everybody gets to see; start your trek in the early hours so you make it in time to see the stunning sunrise at the summit of Mount Batur. End your tour with a dip in a natural Hot Spring pool before lunch - this is an experience you won't want to miss!$149 Book now
History of Mount Batur
Mount Batur has been active for millions of years. The most recent eruption was in 2000, but there have been many other eruptions throughout history. The most destructive eruption occurred in 1963, when the volcano spewed ash and lava that covered a large area of land.
Why is Mount Batur Important?
Mount Batur is an important part of the Balinese culture and religion. The volcano is considered to be a sacred place by the Balinese people, and it is a popular pilgrimage site. Mount Batur is also a popular tourist destination, and many people come to Bali to climb the volcano and see the sunrise from the summit.
Our Top Trending Bali Hiking Tours:
Things to do & see at Mount Batur
There are many things to do and see at Mount Batur. The most popular activity is to climb the volcano and see the sunrise from the summit. The sunrise from Mount Batur is one of the most beautiful sights in Bali, and it is an experience that you will never forget.
Other things to do at Mount Batur include hiking, camping, and swimming in Lake Batur. There are also a number of temples and villages located around the volcano that are worth visiting.
If you are planning a trip to Bali, be sure to add Mount Batur to your itinerary. It is a truly unforgettable experience.
Here are some additional details about the things you can do and see at Mount Batur:
- Climbing Mount Batur: The climb to the summit of Mount Batur is challenging but rewarding. The hike takes about 2-3 hours to complete, and the views from the top are breathtaking.
- Seeing the sunrise from Mount Batur: The sunrise from Mount Batur is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Bali. The best time to see the sunrise is at 5:30am.
- Hiking: There are a number of hiking trails around Mount Batur that offer stunning views of the volcano and the surrounding countryside.
- Camping: There are a number of campsites located around Mount Batur. Camping is a great way to experience the beauty of the volcano and the stars at night.
- Swimming in Lake Batur: Lake Batur is a beautiful crater lake located at the base of Mount Batur. Swimming in the lake is a refreshing way to cool off after a hike or a climb.
- Visiting temples and villages: There are a number of temples and villages located around Mount Batur. Visiting these places is a great way to learn about Balinese culture and religion.
Bangli Regency, Bali, Indonesia