- Visit the ancient Ban Mae Kampong Village & explore 100+ year old houses
- Learn how to make traditional wooden dolls from a local family
- Have your own private tour guide and driver for the day who will be keen to share their local knowledge with you.
- This trip is all-inclusive so no need to worry about spending additional money on lunch, entrance fees etc. - we’ve got you covered!
Chiang Mai Ancient Village, Waterfall and Local Crafts Experience
- 8 hours
- Private Tour
If you're looking to escape the city and and experience the full beauty of Chiang Mai, then our full day tour to the villages of Ban Mae Kampong and Ban Luang Nua is the perfect tour for you.
Our friendly, local Thai guide, will drive you through a beautiful valley in the north of Chiang Mai to the ancient Ban Mae Kampong Village. Admire the old style of the traditional Lanna wooden houses (some over 100 years old). This village survives solely based off local tourism and offers a glimpse inside the lives of locals, beautiful waterfalls, ancient temples and a handful of super cute cafes. On the way back to Chiang Mai, we will also stop at Tai Lue village where you will meet a super friendly, local family that will teach you how to hand paint traditional wooden dolls.
Our tours are all-inclusive, we’ve got everything covered from start to finish - no need to worry about where to visit, ticket costs, entrance fees or even coffee (we got you covered)
This full day trip will be packed with all highlights of the villages, great food, hidden cafes, secretly located spots and much much more! On this tour you will:
- Walk through the village of Ban Mae Kampong to see how the locals live, visit 100+ year old homes and experience some beautiful temples
- Walk up 3 tiers of the beautiful Mae Kampong Waterfall
- Enjoy a delicious lunch at the home of a local family
- Grab a drink at a hidden local cafe
- Visit Tai Lue village at Ban Luang Nua and learn how to paint traditional wooden dolls
Experience the real culture of these amazing villages, while taking in some of its most beautiful spots. Your guide will even act as your personal photographer during the tour and help you to get some great insta-worthy snaps!
For an unforgettable experience of Chiang Mai, book your tour with us today. We can’t wait to show you around!
8:30 AMPick up at your hotel (exact time may vary depending on your location) and drive through beautiful mountain roads to Ban Mae Kampong village
9:45 AMArrive at Ban Mae Kampong Village and enjoy a relaxing walk to learn about the local villagers, see some beautiful temple and have some refreshing homemade bubble milk tea
11:00 AMHop in a truck for a short ride to the beautiful Mae Kampong Waterfall. Visit each of the 3 tiers of the waterfall and then head through a hidden creek trail to get to our lunch spot
12:00 PMLunch time at the Chaiyapol family house. Enjoy a delicious lunch and learn about the local family and how they operate their homestay business to generate money for the village
1:30 PMCoffee time! Enjoy a coffee at one of the local cafes and enjoy the beautiful views
2:00 PMDrive to the non-touristy, Ban Luang Nua village in the Doi Saket district. This Tai Lue ethnic village is best known for it's handmade arts and crafts
2:45 PMArrive at the home of Mr. Thow and his family where you will observe how they carve wooden dolls and then they will teach you how to hand paint them. You will be able to keep your doll as a great memory from your time in Chiang Mai
4:00 PMSay goodbye to the family and drive back to Chiang Mai city
4:30 PMArrive back at your hotel (exact time may vary depending on your location)
- Private round-trip transportation from your hotel
- English speaking driver and tour guide
- Private car with A/C
- All entrance fees
- Bottled water
- 1 coffee or bubble milk tea
- 1 Wooden doll for painting
- Suntan lotion
- Comfortable shoes
- Your smile
- Times and attractions usually can be customized to fit your request (just let us know)
- Times above are subject to change due to local conditions
- In high season or local holidays, the village may be a bit crowded
$139 $119 per adult
Based on 12 reviews
Got a Question?
+1 617 229 7271+1 617 404 2125
Why Book with Us?
Money back guarantee
48 hour “no hassle” cancellation policy
24/7 customer support
See what our customers are saying on TripAdvisor
12 total reviews
Vacation more, get inspired
Expertly curated emails packed full of vacation inspiration, travel tips and more!
Expertly curated Emails for travel inspiration, vacation tips and hacks and much more! Subscribe and upgrade your traveler skills with Forevervacation.